We welcome you Sam, our newest language assistant at NClic.
- Hello Sam, can you present yourself for us? What are you studying and where do you come from?
I am from New Zealand. I haven’t gone to university yet, but I am interested in studying law and new languages.
- What do you like doing back in New Zealand?
In New Zealand, my favorite thing to do is ocean swimming. I have a large group of friends that I would go to the beach with in the morning, and we would swim together.
- What things do you love about NClic so far?
What I love about NClic so far is how amazing the students are at speaking English and Spanish. This is so incredible. I think the food is also good.
- What things can you see that are different in Vitoria compared to New Zealand?
What has stood out to me in Vitoria, compared to NZ, is that meal times are much longer. I think this is really nice to spend more time eating with friends. Also, the snow! Back in Wellington, my home city, it never snows.
- What can you tell us about your hometown?
My hometown is Wellington, the capital of NZ. It’s a vibrant and artsy city. A lot of cafes and friendly people. The city has a waterfront which you can walk down and is completely open. It is one of the best in the world. It is so good being next to the sea.
- Why did you decide to come to NClic?
I was placed at NClic through the volunteer program New Ventures Worldwide. I chose to do this program as I wanted to travel the world. Importantly though, I wanted to spend time with local people and learn their culture. This was a great way to do that.
- What are some things you would like to do in Vitoria while you are here?
In Vitoria, I would like to spend as much time with as many people as possible. To learn about their lives and way of living. Also, learn Spanish! I know very little at the moment, but am practicing to get better. I hope by the end of my time in Spain, my Spanish is muy excelente.